I hosted my first Swarovski Crystal Party and it was absolutely fabulous!
I had about 10 of my super fantastic and fabulous friends over to my house for a day full of fun, laughter and of course SPARKLES! I told them to bring their favorite flip flops, tee shirts, shoes, phones or whatever else they wanted to take from drab to fab!
Everyone was really sweet, gracious and thankful for the opportunity to take the time to be creative and find their own artistic expression.
It’s always enjoyable getting together with the ladies, but sometimes you may not know what to do. A crystal party is a brilliant way to bring everyone together and be inspired to create a dazzling and unique accessory that every time they look at or wear they will think of that fantastic day and fond memories.
Below are 5 helpful tips for hosting a sparkling Swarovski crystal party.
1. First off you need to bring your energy! Be excited that you’re bringing your friends together for an entertaining and creative day. Your attitude sets the tone and will be infectious, so be positive and grateful that people are taking time out of their busy schedules to come and share a fun-filled day with you and all of their friends.
2. set up all of the crafts, tools and sparkles before everyone arrives. I found it to be really helpful to have each individual craft station ready to go complete with E6000 glue, tweezers and of course the star of the show, all of the dazzling Swarovski Crystal Flatbacks in a range of colors and sizes each in their own individual trays. You will need to use the style number 2058 Swarovski Flatback Rhinestones for people gluing each stone on themselves and you will need to set up a little station for people using a Bejeweler tool for the style number 2038 Swarovski Flatback Hot Fix Rhinestones. It’s advantageous to have a hard surfaced object that can be put inside the middle of the shirt so that the stones adhere to the front of the shirt and not both the front and back of the shirt together. I used a medium size piece of granite that I found at Home Depot that worked very well. You can also set up an Iron to apply a lot of Hot Fix crystals at once, simply lay a small thin piece of cloth or parchment paper over the crystals before applying the hot iron to the crystals. Work in small sections and be gentle when pressing down on the crystal so that they don’t move out of place. The smaller stones will be easier to apply and stay longer than the larger stones. For larger stones I recommend gluing them individually.
3. As a host, you should test any application process ahead of time so that you will know how to show your friends what to do. One little tip when working with the Swarovski Hot Fix stones which are applied to fabric; it’s good to use a one size smaller bejeweler tip than the actual Crystal stones themselves, this way you will not leave a little ring on the fabric.
4. Soak up the sunshine and have your crystal party outside if you can. Enjoy the fresh air and take advantage of it especially when working with the E6000 glue which recommends either using a mask, which is certainly not the most glamorous fashion statement and it limits your ability to converse with the ladies. Plus your tan will compliment all those rainbow sparkles. Try and offer some shade for those who would like to cool off.
5. Some of your friends may not want to Crystallize anything, but they still want to be a part of the festivities. No problem at all, of course all are welcome but here’s the funny part, I bet halfway through watching everyone having so much fun they will want to join right in. I only mention this because this happened with three of my girlfriends! Maybe you could have a little something special stored away for them that you can surprise them with. One of my friends ran home to grab a glass vase that she wanted to beautify, the other ladies blinged their bra straps and coin purses that they had with them.
The Swarovski sparkles were intoxicating and they just couldn’t resist!! I Love it!
I hope this inspires you to throw your own Swarovski Crystal Party! It’s perfect idea for any occasion that you would like to celebrate, a wedding or bachelorette party, birthday party or simply a beautiful afternoon to get together with great friends and family. What a great friend you will be bringing smiles and sparkles to all of your favorite people!
Thanks for all the fun memories lovely ladies, you’re the best!